Sunday, October 16, 2011

Arachno-funny

So...I hate spiders. My rational mind knows that the majority of them won't hurt me and that they play a very important role in the ecosystem, but the emotional side forces me to dance like a firstgrader who really has to pee and emit a hysterical, high-pitched whining sound. I have no control over this. It is embarrassing and after I am rescued from the evil creepy awfulness I feel a deep sense of shame. I have to get over this. It's stupid.

In an attempt to desensitize myself to the general ickiness of the eight-legged demons, I decided to try to picture spiders in non-threatening situations.

Take this little guy:


He's just gross. He's not poisonous, he will not hurt me, but I really want to step on him. So what if he was dressed like a cute little baby?

Nope, still wanna squish him. So maybe he's going to a birthday party...
Nope. Still hate him. So what if he decided to forgo his web building and get a real job. Say, as an ice cream man. Everyone loves the ice cream man.


Ok, so now I think, get that nasty thing away from me...but leave the ice cream. So maybe we're making progress. Maybe something funnier...

The shoes help, but I can still see all those clickity little legs and now he's added the creep factor of clowns. (You're welcome, RB) So...last resort...


Nope. I still want to step on him, or rather would like someone else to step on him. If Santa can't fix it, no one can.

No comments: